Adelaide - Brisbane High Speed Train Line
At the heart of my vision for sustainable inland cities in Australia, is the transport corridor.
Viable cities, which can release hundreds of square miles of cheap land to house
Australia's migration programme
and develop strong, anchor, inland cities to provide essential services for inland Australia.
to link inland towns and cities and end their current isolation.
or the Magnetic Levitation Train travelling at 300 kms / hour.
- A high speed rail - eg like Japan's Bullet train
- Linking Adelaide and Brisbane - Capital Cities with international airports, universities of international standing, teaching hospitals, religous and cultural centres.
- Residents in a growing city on the Hay Plains or Narrabri or Roma with an hourly service could access metrololitan services on a return day trip, or go from Hay to see a show or the Specialist at the hospital could see the Opera and catch the high speed train home before 1am that night. All the benifits of a capital city living in rural Australia.
- University Professors, Medical Specialists, Barristers, Mega Church Pastors in Adelaide and Brisbane could give one day a week to provide services in the new mega cities operating dual practices as occurs now in Nowra on NSW's South Coast.
- There would need to be a dual carriage freeway on the same corridor.
Inland Planned Cities would need
modeled on Sydney's Central- Strathfield coridor
- international airport
- suburban electric trains
eg linking Riverina Cities to Hay and Canberra
medicine (including training Specialists)
- teaching hospitals
- universities of international standing with faculties including:
medical research , pharmacy, dentistry, nursing, education,
theology, the Arts, Engineering, Law etc
- regional shopping
- mega churches
- facilities to accomodate a multiplicity of religous observance
- cultural centres
- migrant rescource centres
- sporting facilities
- regional State and Federal Government offices
- relocated Corporate Offices and warehouses.
- new cities generate their own rescources, innovation and capitalise on their own unique opportunities as they are discovered.
Funding and Water
Millions of super funds needed for retirement and current annuities
are dependant upon the volitile share market.
Government Bonds issued to super funds could fund the infrastructure
and provide a steady income stream into the super funds
without the need to repay the capital.
eg I'd rather my super annuity to be funded from commuter train tickets
than unsustainable profits from banks and supermarkets.
Water our northern tropical parts of Australia have harbor loads of water flowing out to sea. There is a munlitude of dry or low flowing rivers ready to receive massive supplies diverted from the north.
Suburban Rail Network
based on the Sydney , Central to Strathfield trunk lines,
with radiating branch lines
- a trunk lines - 8 to 10 tracks
- hourly inter city services to outer cities 50, 75,100,150 kms out cities equilivant to Cambelltown Wollongong, Newcastle, Bathurst.
- express lines of to cities 25 and 50 kms out cities equilivant to Strathfield, Parramatta, Blacktowm,Pentrith
- all stations branch lines or solar powered trams
- to service residential sunurbs.
- .backed up with freeways, bus routes and interchanges.